The Mindful Life Program - The Phoenix Reiki and Wellness team are excited to offer this special Mindful Living Program to support deeper balance and a happier, healthier life! The program consists of several modules each addressing different aspects of life. Participants can take one or any combination of modules, receive 10% off for each addition module you participate in after the first one. The modules include:
1. Mindful Movement (any one of these counts as a module for the multiple module discount):
- Chakra Balancing with Belly Dance hosted by Marya DeLuna, CRMT, RMP, CNTG starting April 29th at 6:00 p.m.
- Qigong Classes hosted by Sarah Karp, MQT, every Thursday evening in June from 7:00 - 8:00
- Physical Fitness Coaching with Tracey Mahanti, ACE Certified Personal Trainer, starts May 18th 10:30 - 12:00
2. Mindful Eating and Vegan Cooking Class with Sarah Karp, MQT - Friday July 26th from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
3. Mindful Presence and Stress Management with Anne-Marie Revello, CRMT, Sarah Karp, MQT, Marya DeLuna CRMT, RMP, CNTG and Tracey Mahanti, ACE Certified Personal Trainer. Saturday September 7th 1:00 – 4:00.
4. The Mindful Home with Anne-Marie Revello, CRMT, Saturday September 21st from 1:00 – 4:00 and a follow up meeting to discuss questions, challenges, sharing of the journey and additional techniques Saturday October 19th from 1:00 – 3:30.
To read about each of the practitioners click here
Mindful Movement/Chakra Balancing with Belly Dance with Marya DeLuna, CRMT, RMP, CNTG : Mondays 4/29 - 6/3, 6-7pm, 6 weeks
Description: Get centered, find your flow, and have some fun with the the ages-old art of belly dance! In this low-impact movement class, we'll combine the physical with the spiritual as we gently explore our 7 main energy centers (chakras), how they correspond to our holistic health, and engage in belly dance techniques related to each chakra, improving their function and our overall well-being!
Physical benefits of regular belly dance practice may include:
- Increased body awareness - Improved posture
- Improved balance - Improved range of motion
- Improved circulation - Improved digestion
- Muscle toning - Stress reduction
Mental/Emotional benefits of regular belly dance practice may include:
- Improved cognitive function - Increased self-awareness
- Increased self-esteem - Increased self-confidence
- Increased and improved self-expression - Increased presence
- Stress reduction
Holistic benefits of chakra work: Too many to list here! Belly dance itself can also be very much a spiritual practice, and assist participants in deepening their spirituality. This art can be utilized as a moving meditation, and is also a language in which the dancer may speak from the soul. This class is open to all genders, ages 12+.
Cost - $150 for the set
Mindful Movement/Physical Fitness Coaching with Tracey Mahanti, ACE Certified Personal Trainer, starts May 18th 10:30 - 12:00
Tracey will build a custom plan based on your current health, schedule and more importantly, fitness goals to help you transform your body and influence you to make more mindful decisions when it comes to your health in order to best plan the works for you to get to where you want to be and stay there. Participants can expect to achieve a more consistent and peaceful place in their lives when it comes to health. Whether you’re looking to lose a few pounds or run your first marathon, there is a road map for each and every fitness goal. In this program you and Tracey will work together to create fundamental change in the way you think about your current physical state and then look to how best to get to the next level based upon your individual needs and busy lifestyle.
The program will run for one month. In that time you will receive:
•An individualized 4 week plan to move you towards your training & weight loss goals •An initial, four person, small group session with others looking to make change in their lives as well. This will help with accountability & connection you may need moving forward to make change. In that session you will receive tips, tricks and strategies on how to move through the rough spots, training on basic movements and a 20 minute workout. •At mid way point, a one on one hour long personal training session to look at movements & exercises, how best to perform them, and then a 30 minute workout •Weekly check ins to ensure accountability & progress
Cost - One month commitment, $145.00. Any private training sessions outside of the program can be held at Arenal Fitness at the Quarry Lake in Pikesville Maryland; $75 / hour for one person, $45 /hour with three people or more. Any extra one on one accountability / planning sessions can be held at Phoenix Reiki and Health for $70.00 / hour, $45.00 / half hour.
Mindful Movement/Qigong Classes with Sarah Karp, MQT - Every Thursday evening in June from 7:00 - 8:00
Qigong translated from Chinese, qi (pronounced chee) means energy, and gong means cultivation or discipline.It is a 3,500+ year-old mind-body-spirit practice that combines gentle movement, meditation, and breath to promote optimum health and wellness. According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, a healthy state of being is a result of balanced, free-flowing energy whereas disease and illness occur when qi becomes stagnant, deficient, or in excess.
* It's designed to create internal power and generate more energy, while also helping to naturally relax the mind, body, and spirit.
* Increased relaxation, strength, range of motion, and stamina.
* As the fascia (connective tissue that holds the organ in place) becomes more relaxed, the organs are able to work more efficiently.
* Improved balance, coordination, and sleep.
* A greater awareness of your internal state.
* Qigong has also been referred to as "energy yoga".
Cost - $60 for four weeks. This class is limited to 10 people.
Mindful Eating and Vegan Cooking Class with Sarah Karp, MQT - Friday July 26th, 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Learn about the benefits of practicing veganism: a plant-based way of eating as well as mindful eating techniques. Mindful Eating includes awareness about your eating habits, associated thoughts and emotions (including any blocks or challenges you may have), and your overall experience with food itself. It is not about dieting or an “eat this, not that” mentality.
You will learn:
* The basics of mindful eating, the benefits of practicing such awareness, and a number of ways to incorporate mindful eating into your daily life.
*To give you a taste of what this invaluable skill has to offer, you will also be led through a mindful eating practice.
We will create two tasty, raw vegan recipes – one sweet, and one savory and share them as a group. Copies of the vegan and mindful eating information, and recipes will be provided.
Cost - $40 per person
Mindful Presence and Stress Management Saturday September 7th 1:00 – 4:00 with Anne-Marie Revello, CRMT, Sarah Karp, MQT, Marya DeLuna CRMT, RMP, CNTG and Tracey Mahanti, ACE Certified Personal Trainer.
In this workshop you'll learn how to exercise and have fun, techniques for healthy restorative sleep, connecting with nature, meditation and
mindfulness techniques. You'll leave with a host of new tools to help manage stress and increase focus and tranquility.
Cost - $50 per person
The Mindful Home – Benefits and Techniques for Clutter Clearing and Minimalism, two meetings Saturday September 21st from 1:00 – 4:00 and Saturday October 19th from 1:00 – 3:30 with Anne-Marie Revello, CRMT
Our homes are outward representations of ourselves, decluttering and clearing them can support our root chakra, help energy flow in a healthy way and make our time spent at home much more enjoyable. A clear and organized home is supportive of accomplishing our goals and releasing our emotional clutter as we release our physical clutter.
Benefits and Techniques for Clutter Clearing and Minimalism consists of an initial workshop and a follow up meeting. The workshop is . Each participant will leave with a detailed plan after the first meeting as well as an individual home reading and energy clearing suggestions from Anne-Marie.
After these gatherings you will have a specific plan of action for organizing and clearing your home and should be well on your way to releasing that which doesn’t serve you any longer. You’ll also have a plan in place to slowly integrate a minimalist lifestyle to keep your space clear and support the environment.
Cost - $90 (covers both classes)